Solo Workshops - Music and Arts Business
Creative and Musical Writing (schools & adults with interest in writing)
- "Making Music With Impact" (songwriters and musicians)
- "Help! I Keep Using the Same 4 Chords and I Can't Get Up" (songwriters and musicians)
- "The First Steps to Flying Fingers": An introduction to picking melodies on acoustic guitar
Workshops & Seminars for Artists and Arts Businesses
- "Thriving in Small Business: Building a Solid Foundation in Shifting Sands"
- "The Successful Artist: Building the Business of Creativity"
- "Marketing Your Art: Putting Roots into Fertile Creative Soil"
Group Workshops with Beyond Borders
- "From Seeds to Songs" - bring an idea to finished musical product (suitable for schools and adults with interest in writing)
- "Four Legs of the Musical Chair" - an arranging workshop for musical ensembles
For educators who wish to present workshops within an existing class day format, many of these workshops can be condensed to 30-45 minute repetitive time blocks designed to bridge age-appropriate concurrent subject matter from classwork with writing exercises for each group.
All of Andrew's workshops and programs can be combined into a more intensive Artist-in-Residency programs. A Residency can be tailored to meet the needs of a presenter's specific format, such as repeating the same set of workshops for different groups each day of the residency, or doing an intensive set of songwriting and performance workshops with one or more groups over 1 to 3 days.
We are happy to tailor Andrew's time with you to meet the unique needs and goals of your community - please email or call 540/338-3233 about specific program needs or additional information.
Andrew leading a group of teenage musicians through an arranging session as they prepare to record a piece that they wrote together, Catoctin School of Music camp 2016.